Old proverb: "To speak the names of the departed is to make them live again."

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

McGonigals Relocate to Virginia

By Judy Kestner

Marilyn McGonigal, wife of Jon McGonigal, dropped your editor a lovely note the other day, which I have copied, lightly edited, below.  She also kindly enclosed three photos that I will attempt to insert as well.

Dear Judy -
.... The move was very hard but we are here now and settling in and love it here.
     Our new address is 1500 N. Coalter St. #E-4, Staunton, VA 24401.  We live in an apartment complex (5 buildings) and outdoor swimming pool in the middle.  We have 3 bedrooms, kitchen, small dinette area and 2 full baths! (I love that!)
.... I am taking line dance lessons one hour per week and helping in an after school program two afternoons.  Have made three new friends - play cards and go walking and to church with them.
    Jon and I go to this beautiful park and feed the ducks.


Also enclosed is a photo of the Blue Ridge Mts.  We have gone across Sky Line Drive twice since we've been down here.



    Hope to visit in N.Y. around Thanksgiving.
    Love to all,
          Marilyn

Also enclosed was this photo of Jon's mother, Emilie Fieg McGonigal (b. June 29, 1915, d. January 15, 1984), taken in the '60s.  I was amused to see my mother's handwriting on the back -- what goes around etc....!



No comments: