Old proverb: "To speak the names of the departed is to make them live again."

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ed Fieg Sr. Slogs Through Afghanistan

Here, belatedly, is an e-mail from Eddie Fieg Sr., forwarded to me by his little sister, Lisa.  The e-mail was sent to me March 2 -- what happened between then and now that I couldn't post it??????

I am now at Camp Leatherneck -- packed with 20K Marines (hence the name). I am OK, trying to get squared away. Cold, lots of mud, gave up my indoor showers/latrines at Kandahar, now have to walk outside...in the mud. Lots of very tenacious mud.

I got here at 3 am, can't find my sponsor, just stumbling around now and found the MWR tent with computer access. Have errands to run, my quarters are nice but only have a mattress. A bunk bed I have to figure out how to build. Did I mention the mud?


Don't worry about me. More later. Hope all is well, everybody is safe and healthy. Miss you. Love you.



EDWARD L. FIEG, Colonel, USAF, MC

Deputy Chief, Medical Staff

60th Medical Group/SGH

David Grant USAF Medical Center

Travis AFB CA 94535

(707) 423-7622/3369

edward.fieg-02@travis.af.mil


2896 Calle de Cordoba
Fairfield CA 94534

Mobile: (937) 207-9706
Home: (707) 422-2953

efieg@prodigy.net

No comments: