Old proverb: "To speak the names of the departed is to make them live again."

Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Caselot of Cases Discovered

In recent days your editor has received several e-mails from the descendants of Emilie Roseina Fieg Case and her husband Arthur with information that they are happy, healthy and certainly very interested in renewing family ties. 

After Sharon Hirsch, Aunt Millie's great-granddaughter, left a comment on our blog, she sent some follow-up e-mails, telling me that her mother is Judy Case Smith Wood, Aunt Millie's eldest granddaughter and the eldest daughter of Millie's eldest son, Stanley.  Sharon is also Judy's eldest daughter! 

Sharon gave a quick recap of what her family is doing, but the most amazing information she shared is, "I live in Durham, NC -- literally within one mile of Steven Case (Cathy and Mike's son). I ride my bike and walk past his house regularly, though we don't see each other as often as we should! Beth Case (Betty and Walter's daughter) lives in nearby Apex. Steven's brother Michael is also in the Triangle-area and Aunt Cathy lives with Michael and Jenny (Ridley - she's from Milford, too) currently."   Alert the the Greensboro contingent!

I also received an e-mail from Sharon's mom that reads in part, "I live in Peapack Gladstone, New Jersey and I have three children - Sharon lives in Durham, NC., near Steven and Michael Case - Mike's children, Kevin lives in Verona, NJ and Kelly lives in Oyster Bay Cove, NY. I was divorced from George Smith, who passed away 2 years ago. However, I remarried in 1997 to Christopher Wood. He has two boys. Between us we have 12 grandchildren, 8 of whom are mine." So now the New Jersey and Long Island City/Hudson River Valley contingents will have to be alerted as well!

Next I received an e-mail from Steven Case, son of Arthur "Mike" Case, who is also Millie's grandson.  He included the e-mail address of his brother Mike and you can be sure that all the above will receive an invite to join our Google group so they can receive copies of blog postings too.

Well, your editor now has her work cut out for her in filling in the pages of our family tree and she also proposes that we put together a family address book.  Does anyone know of an online service of that type?  Do I hear someone volunteering for that duty?  (insert sound of cricket chips here).

Judy Wood has said she will attempt to visit the reunion in August and I am not alone, I am sure, when I say that any members of the Case family who attend will be the honored guests this year, as was Doris Holm at our last reunion.

2 comments:

Judy Kestner said...

FROM DORIS HOLM:
I'm so happy to hear about the children of Walt and Mike ( as we all called Arthur)and to know they are thriving. They may remember me from reunions on Oak Tree Farm....Judy and her sister are in a lot of my old photos. I'll try to dig them up and send them on. Remember, that Carol and Bob Ramagosa have a second home on Topsail Island, North Carolina, near many of these relatives. Also in NC: David and Nancy Fieg, son of my brother Carl.

-Judy

Unknown said...

Another Case checking in. Lynda here, daughter of Betty and Walter. I live in Kent, Washington now and work for Boeing. I still have a horse, not the same one of course, and a German Shepherd and a Pembroke Welsh Corgi.