Old proverb: "To speak the names of the departed is to make them live again."

Monday, July 9, 2012

Whitesides Gather Over Memorial Day Weekend

This e-mail was recently received by your editor from Steven Fieg on behalf of his cousin Marsha Whiteside Adams.  Steven's dad, the late Lothar "Bud" Fieg, was the brother of Marsha's mom, Maxine Fieg Whiteside, who resides in Sioux City, Iowa.

Hi Steven,

We were all together on Memorial weekend in Iowa City for our niece Annie's graduation from high school. (My brother Bob's youngest.) That is half way to Indiana where Anne [Marsha's sister] lives so my parents went on with them and are staying a couple of weeks.

When my mom isn't home she turns off her answering machine so people don't expect her to call them back....she doesn't know how to retrieve her messages from afar and has lost the directions so I can't help her with that. For some reason, Anne can't figure out how to go to AOL for my mom's emails so I forward them to Anne's account for my mom to read.

From Iowa City after the graduation, we went to Chicago to help our oldest son [Bob Jr.] who had sinus surgery last Thursday. They have a 2 1/2 year old and 4 month old so we were able to go to the surgery and other appts. so [his wife] Ursula could stay with the kids. At the moment we are back in Iowa City, just arrived, and will stay over with our son Bill and then travel the last 5 hours home to South Dakota tomorrow.

My phone number is the same: 605-422-2152.
   
Yes, caring for my dad [Dr. Bob Whiteside] is getting more difficult. He is totally blind in one eye and has limited vision in the other making reading very difficult and watching TV impossible. Makes him a bit crabby....

Keep in touch!

Marsha

No comments: