Old proverb: "To speak the names of the departed is to make them live again."

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Pete Rose Recognized as "Da Man"

In the previous story about the upcoming Induction Weekend at the Baseball Hall of Fame, your editor neglected to include an amusing anecdote, submitted by cousin Ed Fieg Sr. at the same time he sent the photo of himself together with Pete Rose.  Here is the conversation between these two gentlemen as relayed by Ed:

"Mr Rose," I asked, "who is the best baseball player you ever saw?"  Pete replied, "Well, let's see, that's a hard one."  I interrupted, "You're lookin' at him -- every morning when you shave!"

BTW:  after I said that to Mr Rose, since he was a player-manager, he asked me, "Do you know who the best player who ever played for me was?"   
 
"Who?" I queried.  
 
Pete replies, "Me!"

 Pete Rose, you da man.

No comments: