Old proverb: "To speak the names of the departed is to make them live again."

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

79th Shields Reunion Slated for July 13

Midge McClenon sent this email for the Fiegs who are also Shieldses:
 
The 79th Annual Shields Reunion will be held on Sunday, July 13th, 2014, at Nathaniel Cole Park (shelter #2) in Harpursville, NY. 
 
Lunch will begin at 12:30 PM.  Please bring a covered dish to share, and beverage and table service for your family.  Charcoal will be available for those who wish to grill. 
 
There will be a brief business meeting after lunch and plans for the 80th Reunion will be discussed.  Bring your great ideas to make it the best Reunion yet!!
 
Nathaniel Cole Park is open from 8:00 AM to dusk, offering swimming, boating, hiking, sports areas, and picnicing in a beautiful setting!  If you've never been there come see for yourself!  You're going to love it!! 
 
Call Vera 570 - 729 - 8621 or Midge 607 - 441 - 0475 or e-mail midgemcclenon@lycos.com, if you have any questions or need directions.
 
See you on the thirteenth!!
 
Midge
 
 

1 comment:

Doris Holm said...

I am not related directly to the Shields family, but I recall stopping in Downsville (before the Dam)when my Mother drove her 1927 Ford to Oneonta. We stopped to have lunch at Will Shields' home. There was something unusual about the meat that was served. As an eight-year old kid, I didn't know what it was. I found out later that it was river eel. Now why is it that it is my only memory of that visit? My mother seemed to adopt every near-relative going, and kept in touch with all. She loved to go....anywhere! She drove to Chicago twice to see her sisters, and the World's Fair. I was five at the time. Oh, boy, do I get going on memories....sorry. Love to all, Doris