Old proverb: "To speak the names of the departed is to make them live again."

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Doris Holm Recalls Weather Phenomenon

Doris Fieg Holm, daughter of Max Fieg and granddaughter of Carl and Emilie Fieg who emigrated from Germany early in the twentieth century, sent this e-mail to your editor a while back.  What an exciting memory!  Perhaps someone can answer her question.

I remember sitting in Uncle Lothar's living room on the hill in Oneonta as a kid, perhaps about 8 years old.....There was a terrible thunderstorm going on outside.  Suddenly lightning hit the house, and I saw a ball of fire run across the top of one wall and down the corner into the ground again.  I can't remember anything else that happened, except that I was one scared and shaken kid.  It was loud and so fast that it was over in a split second  No one else was in the room with me, as I recall.

So many memories....is the house really vacant?  Who owns it now? 

Doris Fieg Holm

No comments: